Total Pageviews

Friday, February 20, 2015

MY 4 WHEEL REPAIR

(See first writtings below)
Here I Go! I Pulled all of the old burnt stuff out and replaced with some great salvage yard finds, like old seats, dash, arm-rests, wire harness,tilt steering column, steering wheel, floor peddles, brake vacuum booster, springs, door panels, door handles, lights, plastic signal light, brackets, new wipers and motor w/arm, head liner and trim, rubber fire-wall grommets, all the glass, window regulators, door and window trim, and a few melted electrical motor parts too. 
I finished completing the metal body tensioning outside and inside, which was not as bad as first thought, then completed filling all of the Body dents with bondo. I did lots of sanding and finishing, I used muriatic acid to remove and nutralize the rust.(I don't recommend this at all-just don't !) it's just because I had So Much Rust.. Now you must know, that all of this took place during about a 12 month period, weekends and late nights. It was all done in-between work, wife  and the little ones... 
I decided that I wanted a descent finish for the paint job so while the seats were being upholstered and the glass was all out, I found a chair and some goggles and drove the jeep to town, it was only about 10 miles, to a great body and paint shop that I had known and heard about. He had the jeep for a really long time but the end results were fantastic, outside and inside..
This is one of the hardest jobs I'd ever done, but all in all, the most I'm proud of...."look but don't touch"



  












No comments:

Post a Comment