Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

4 WHEEL REPAIR

Here's a JEEP project that I took on, turned out it was a little bigger project than maybe I anticipated.
I had found the jeep cherokee thru an autotrader ad placed in Des Moines, and it really caught my eye. The jeeps interior looked questionable due to a fireworks incident(so it said in the ad) but it didn't look bad;  So I contacted the owner to get the particulars about it and asked him for some pictures but when he sent them back a couple days later I was kinda skeptical. Now, I don't know, and I just can't tell you why, but, I did deside to go through with it. So I planned a weekend to go and get it.
My trip was going to be from Denver, Colorado to Des Moines, Iowa and you know what...just my luck. That Saturday morning when the wife and I were getting ready to leave, it had turned freezing cold the night before and it was sleeting snow outside now. "Crap" I was getting cold feet (no pun intended). Those second thoughts were really kicking me now.
I guess it was the want and all the challenges that made me do it....(lol).
This was a 77 full size jeep cherokee with a lot of new parts. A 4 inch lift, new aluminum mags and tires, skid plates, rear tailgate w/window and many more exterior items. The 360ci motor was in really good condition(98k miles) along with a 350 transmission and alltime quadra trac system, The body except for some minor metal tension repairs was really ok too.



unbelievable interior photo coming soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment